Friday, February 20, 2009

Time

My boys are fascinated with time. Gage got a watch for Christmas, and he is frequently telling me what time it is and which of the clocks are wrong (even a minute faster or slower than his watch is "wrong") at the store, in the car, and at home. He loves for me to time him while he does his homework, and it definitely speeds up the process. He is really grasping the idea of time and how it is measured, etc, which is great. Those who know me well know that time management is somewhat of a challenge for me, ha! So I love seeing Gage take interest and manage his time well. Lately, even Griffin has become interested in the concept of time. Instead of a watch, he uses the sun. He will look out the window and tell me if it is time to get up or go to bed. (We had to start calling nap time "rest time"). He gets so disappointed when he looks out and sees the sun has "gone to sleep." It's really making bedtime easier. If the sun is asleep, then we should be too, right?? Sometime in high school I think I must've gotten confused about that!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your blog. Makes me want to start one. I think I will but since I am a huge procrastinator, I probably won't get started for another year and a half maybe!

    ReplyDelete