Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Gage!

Today is Gage's 7th birthday! Actually he won't turn 7 until 8:01 this evening, but today is the day! :) Griffin and I woke him up this morning by singing 'Happy Birthday', and he smiled before he even opened his eyes. He got a stack of pancakes with whipped cream for breakfast, complete with 7 candles to blow out. Funny story about that... when I pulled the candles out of the pancakes, they had melted into the hot pancakes, so I threw that stack out and gave him 3 fresh ones. He said, "Yeah, wax tastes bitter." I said, "Well, it doesn't really have a taste, but it has a texture, and it's not something you want to eat." He kept insisting that it tastes bitter, and finally, as a last resort to make me believe him, he said, "I'VE TASTED MY EAR WAX!" He's always been a curious young man. :) Anyway, back to the birthday stuff... after breakfast, he got a phone call from Aunt Soosy wishing him a happy birthday. He was so excited! Here's a pic:

After the phone call, he opened some cards he got in the mail last week, and after seeing what was inside, he decided that we should go to Toys R Us. Thank you, Grandpa & Nana and Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Stover! After we dropped him off at school, Griffin and I went to Randall's to get a few groceries. Since we aren't having a party until later this month, I decided to get a treat for him to have tonight. I picked up a cookie cake that said "Happy Birthday" on it, and went to the counter to see if they could add "Gage" to it. I guess the regular cake decorator had the day off. Here's what it looked like after the little man finished.


I don't really care too much what it looks like, but I thought it was funny! The man was trying really hard and being very careful to spell it right. It was great. I showed it to Amber and she thought Gage had written his own name. OK... enough making fun of the little man's handwriting.

Gage is such a special kid. I hope he has a great day at school today! We (Gage, Griff, and I) are going to Chuck E Cheese's for dinner tonight. I'll post some pics of that later.

3 comments:

  1. Okay.. so why was I cracking up laughing at this cookie cake! Happy belated b-day Gage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a gooood laugh out of it too!!
    Thanks for the b'day wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he had a GREAT day!!! Thanks for sharing, love the cookie cake!!! You're an AWESOME Mom.. actually SUPER MOM!!! : )

    ReplyDelete