Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Strallbellies

For the past few weeks, Griffin has been working really hard to say his "L" sounds correctly. Until recently, when he said a word with an L in it, it sounded like a "w." I could see how hard he was thinking each time he said one of these words. At first, he was very slowly pronouncing the sound. For example, he was showing me his 2 Batman toys one day and told me, "This Batman is ber-lllue, and this Batman is ber-lllack." I never said anything but found this extremer-llly amusing. I was also very per-llleased to see that he recognized, on his own, the need to correct his speech. The past week or so, his self-help techniques have escalated and are becoming even more amusing. He's now replaceing ALL R's and W's with L's. Today he asked me if he could have some more "strallbellies." I gently colllected him and put some molle strallbellies on his plate. :) It's great to watch a 3-year-old mind at work.

2 comments:

  1. Kippa, this is SO CUTE!! Your boys AMAZE me at how smart, funny, and good looking they are (never had a doubt considering who their parents are : P)!! Love youguys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendi! They keep us on our toes. :) Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete